We're all in this together.
Each year, business people, students of all ages, retirees and church members give their time to improve the lives of our 700+ individuals and families.
Join our growing volunteer corps!
My involvement with Genesis has truly been a joyful addition to my life, and you have gone out of your way to make me feel welcome. The staff has been a pleasure to work with, and I am constantly impressed with the high level of skill they exhibit in their work and the love and respect they have for their students. It is an honor to be associated with such a high caliber institution. - Sandy Yates, 2014-2017 Volunteer
Morning Session: M-F, 9am-11:30 a.m.
Afternoon Session: M-Th, 12pm-2:30 p.m.
Evening Program: T-Th, 6pm-8:30 p.m.
Childcare Center: M-F, 6:30am-5:30 p.m.
Fill out our volunteer application HERE.
- VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX ASSISTANCE (VITA): We need greeters, screeners, preparers and reviewers. Training is provided.
- Workforce Training/Mock Interview Day: Weekdays, ½ or full-day activity. Help workforce training students practice for future interviews by serving as an interviewer for 2-3 hours on a pre-determined date.
- Conversation Tutor: Weekdays or evenings, volunteer groups or individuals, one-day or repeat placement. Spend time one-on-one or in a small group conversing with English Language Learners about a variety of topics.
- Inter-generational Learning Activity: Weekdays, ideal for a group of volunteers. Visit our child development center and participate in a hands-on learning activity with our children.
- Early Learning Center Support: Weekdays. Help our teachers with enrichment activities with our children ages 6 weeks to 6 years.
- Citizenship Tutor: T/Th 6pm-8:30pm, or T/Th 12:00pm-2:30pm.
- Student Support Center: Weekdays or evenings. Helping students in our drop-in center with tutoring, homework, completing job applications, public benefits applications, etc.
- ESOL Tutors Weekdays or evenings. Helping individuals or small groups of students with reading, writing and/or speaking skills.
- In-class Technology Assistant: Weekdays or evenings. Assisting teachers in the classroom; helping students turn on computers, navigate the internet, basic word-processing, setting up email, etc. Basic computer skills necessary.
- Enrollment Assistant: Weekdays or evenings. Helping with intake, filing, telephone calls, basic data entry. Bilingualism a plus!
- Event Planning: Help Genesis Center coordinate upcoming events and activities.
- Translation Services: Weekdays or evenings. English-Spanish/French/Arabic/Cambodian/etc. for workshops and/or printed materials.
- Financial Literacy Information Sessions: Weekdays or evenings. Providing information about banking, savings, credit, etc. to adult education learners.
- Garden Volunteer: (seasonal) Help maintain the Center’s community garden. Tasks include weeding, planting, harvesting, etc.
- Maintenance, Repairs, Cleaning: after hours and weekends, help with large projects such as buffing, carpet shampooing, painting, etc.