JOIN THE GENESIS TEAM
Adult Education Substitute Learning Facilitators (Per Diem)
Gain experience in the field of Adult Education as a substitute teacher! Day and evening opportunities available.
Position Summary: Implements an adult education curriculum that enables adult learners to improve English listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and integrates math, financial literacy, technology skills, and workforce readiness into daily instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a program that integrates project-based learning, math, financial literacy, technology skills, and workforce readiness into the curriculum.
- Engages learners in the class activities to promote learning and learner persistence.
- Prepares activities for classes in cases where there may not be lesson plans available.
- Individualize activities so that they are appropriate to varying academic levels of students.
- Track student attendance and other data as requested.
- Incorporates instructional techniques that accommodate student needs and learner differences.
- Solicits feedback from students and adjusts curriculum and/or methods as appropriate to address the needs of adult learners.
- Coordinates instruction and planning when necessary.
- Participates in faculty meetings and relevant professional development opportunities when assigned.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- High School Credential and possessing (or working toward) a Bachelor's degree.
- Experience or interest in teaching and/or working with adults and diverse, multicultural students.
- Interest in language development and adult education teaching techniques.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the Genesis Center mission.
- Understanding and appreciation of the special problems and stressors experienced by refugee and immigrant families.
- Respect and appreciation toward cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to be flexible and accept change.
- Commitment to continued improvement and innovation in all aspects of work, including implementation of a client-centered integrated platform.
- Ability to differentiate and instruct at various language levels.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Head Start Teacher; Full Time Days
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking an experienced, passionate and organized Lead Head Start Teacher join our team and work in our recently renovated Preschool Room. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field) and have at least one year of teaching experience. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. This job requires but is not limited to supervising teacher assistants and per diem staff to ensure compliance with and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards, DCYF Regulations, Rhode Island Department of Education Early Learning Standards, Genesis Personnel Policies, The Creative Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Caring For Our Children to ensure that all children have the opportunity for a high quality, nurturing, and safe learning experience. 30 hrs/year professional development.
Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field The Lead Head Start Teacher will have:
• Ability to model and maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, respecting and preserving the dignity and privacy of children, families, staff, and program operations.
• Ability to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards
• Possess good communication, reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, children, community representatives and volunteers in a professional and respectful manner, Bi-lingual ability a plus.
• Demonstrated classroom management and curriculum planning experience.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
• Head Start experience preferred.
• Physical ability to perform tasks, including but not limited to, bend and lift thirty (30) pounds, climbing stairs, and be physically able to meet the challenges of caring for young children old i.e. be able to sit on floor with children. Ability to see and hear required.
• Local travel for home visiting is required.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Catherine Green at email@example.com.