JOIN THE GENESIS TEAM.
November 2017: Job Openings
Lead Preschool Teacher:
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking an experienced, passionate and organized Lead Head Start Teacher to Preschool. Teacher to work in our recently renovated Preschool Room. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field) and have at least three years of teaching experience. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. This job requires but is not limited to supervising teacher assistants and per diem staff to ensure compliance with and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards, DCYF Regulations, Rhode Island Department of Education Early Learning Standards, Genesis Personnel Policies, The Creative Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Caring For Our Children to ensure that all children have the opportunity for a high quality, nurturing, and safe learning experience. 30 hrs/year professional development.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field The Lead Head Start Teacher will have:
- Ability to model and maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, respecting and preserving the dignity and privacy of children, families, staff, and program operations.
- Ability to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards
- Possess good communication, reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, children, community representatives and volunteers in a professional and respectful manner, Bi-lingual ability a plus.
- Demonstrated classroom management and curriculum planning experience.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Physical ability to perform tasks, including but not limited to, bend and lift thirty (30) pounds, climbing stairs, and be physically able to meet the challenges of caring for young children old i.e. be able to sit on floor with children. Ability to see and hear required.
- Local travel for home visiting is required.
How to Apply
Only complete applications with required qualifications will be considered. Please send resume and cover letter to Catherine Green at email@example.com.
Assistant Teacher in our Early Learning Center
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking a passionate, dedicated, and caring assistant teacher to join our team. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. Knowledge of Head Start Standards, The Creative Curriculum/TSG, and RIELDS preferred. Duties will include (but not limited to): caring for and supervising the children, contributing to a positive and nurturing learning environment, providing support to meet the individual needs of the children, collaborating with the Lead Teacher to plan and execute fun, creative, and appropriate activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and participating in professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
Minimum CDA or Associate's degree in Early Childhood, RIELDS Foundations course completed (or willing to complete upon hire), First Aid/CPR certification, background check, and proper immunizations required. A love for children and their families and a passion for facilitating learning through play is a must!
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to our Childcare Administrator, Catherine Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-781-6110 ex.35 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!