JOIN THE GENESIS TEAM
Lead Head Start Teacher; Full Time Days
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking an experienced, passionate and organized Lead Head Start Teacher join our team and work in our recently renovated Preschool Room. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field) and have at least one year of teaching experience. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. This job requires but is not limited to supervising teacher assistants and per diem staff to ensure compliance with and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards, DCYF Regulations, Rhode Island Department of Education Early Learning Standards, Genesis Personnel Policies, The Creative Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Caring For Our Children to ensure that all children have the opportunity for a high quality, nurturing, and safe learning experience. 30 hrs/year professional development.
Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field The Lead Head Start Teacher will have:
• Ability to model and maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, respecting and preserving the dignity and privacy of children, families, staff, and program operations.
• Ability to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards
• Possess good communication, reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, children, community representatives and volunteers in a professional and respectful manner, Bi-lingual ability a plus.
• Demonstrated classroom management and curriculum planning experience.
• Basic computer skills required.
• Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
• Head Start experience preferred.
• Physical ability to perform tasks, including but not limited to, bend and lift thirty (30) pounds, climbing stairs, and be physically able to meet the challenges of caring for young children old i.e. be able to sit on floor with children. Ability to see and hear required.
• Local travel for home visiting is required.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Catherine Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.