JOIN THE GENESIS TEAM.
January 2018: Job Openings
Part-time Adult Education Learning Facilitators
4 Positions: ESOL (AM); ESOL (PM); Contextualized ESOL for Healthcare Careers (AM); National External Diploma Program (AM)
Position Summary: Individualizes and implements an adult education curriculum that enables adult learners to improve English listening, speaking, reading, and writing, and integrates math, financial literacy, technology skills, and workforce readiness into daily instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
- Adapts and implements a program that integrates project-based learning, math, financial literacy, technology skills, and workforce readiness into the curriculum.
- Individualizes a curriculum that is appropriate to varying academic levels of students.
- Works with students to set career, educational, and family goals and develops plan to address these areas.
- Formally and informally evaluates student gains using a variety of assessments.
- Tracks student progress to support progress along each individual’s pathway.
- Track student attendance and other data as requested by Adult Services Director/Lead Learning Facilitator.
- Incorporates instructional techniques that accommodate student needs and learner differences.
- Solicits feedback from students and adjusts curriculum and/or methods as appropriate to address the needs of adult learners.
- Works with students to identify and access appropriate follow-up education and/or work placements.
- Prepares semester portfolio and other reports as requested; documents professional development and prep time.
- Contributes to committees within the organization, ongoing curriculum development, and arrangement of student field trips. Ability to be flexible and instruct at various language levels.
- Coordinates instruction, curriculum development, and planning with Adult Services Director, Lead Learning Facilitator, and other instructors.
- Participates in faculty meetings and relevant professional development opportunities.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- BA in English, Education, English as a Second Language or a related field.
- Experience in teaching and/or working with adults and diverse, multicultural students.
- Knowledge of language development and adult education teaching techniques.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the Genesis Center mission.
- Understanding and appreciation of the special problems and stressors experienced by refugee and immigrant families.
- Respect and appreciation toward cultural differences.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, and to be flexible and accept change.
- Commitment to continued improvement and innovation in all aspects of work, including implementation of a client-centered integrated platform.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and control workflow and manage data for timely and accurate completion of projects.
- Ability to differentiate and instruct at various language levels.
Lead Preschool Teacher:
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking an experienced, passionate and organized Lead Head Start Teacher to Preschool. Teacher to work in our recently renovated Preschool Room. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related field) and have at least three years of teaching experience. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. This job requires but is not limited to supervising teacher assistants and per diem staff to ensure compliance with and implementation of Head Start Program Performance Standards, DCYF Regulations, Rhode Island Department of Education Early Learning Standards, Genesis Personnel Policies, The Creative Curriculum and developmentally appropriate practices (DAP) as defined by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and Caring For Our Children to ensure that all children have the opportunity for a high quality, nurturing, and safe learning experience. 30 hrs/year professional development.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
The Lead Head Start Teacher will have:
- Ability to model and maintain the utmost level of confidentiality, respecting and preserving the dignity and privacy of children, families, staff, and program operations.
- Ability to create and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to Rhode Island Early Learning and Development Standards
- Possess good communication, reading, writing and analytical skills are required. Ability to effectively communicate with staff, parents, children, community representatives and volunteers in a professional and respectful manner, Bi-lingual ability a plus.
- Demonstrated classroom management and curriculum planning experience.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
- Head Start experience preferred.
- Physical ability to perform tasks, including but not limited to, bend and lift thirty (30) pounds, climbing stairs, and be physically able to meet the challenges of caring for young children old i.e. be able to sit on floor with children. Ability to see and hear required.
- Local travel for home visiting is required.
How to Apply
Only complete applications with required qualifications will be considered. Please send resume and cover letter to Catherine Green at email@example.com.
Assistant Teacher in our Early Learning Center
Genesis Early Learning Center is seeking a passionate, dedicated, and caring assistant teacher to join our team. This is a full-time, year-round position with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, retirement savings plan, paid time off and holidays. Knowledge of Head Start Standards, The Creative Curriculum/TSG, and RIELDS preferred. Duties will include (but not limited to): caring for and supervising the children, contributing to a positive and nurturing learning environment, providing support to meet the individual needs of the children, collaborating with the Lead Teacher to plan and execute fun, creative, and appropriate activities on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, and participating in professional development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
Minimum CDA or Associate's degree in Early Childhood, RIELDS Foundations course completed (or willing to complete upon hire), First Aid/CPR certification, background check, and proper immunizations required. A love for children and their families and a passion for facilitating learning through play is a must!
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to our Childcare Administrator, Catherine Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-781-6110 ex.35 for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!